Monday, April 20, 2009

Fairy belated... Edited to add list of copics used

Well you know I told you about my trip to Nomojoland, which is a very scary place to be indeed. Well this was another friend who suffered not being remembered on her special day because of the scary monsters in Nomojoland.

Well this cardie friend loves rather funky fairies so when I saw the new(ish) Fairy stamps from Inkadinkado I knew that I had to buy them and do a card for her with them.

I colored the fairy first with my Copics. Then with my Sakura clear stardust pen over her wings. I don't know what it is with fairies but I nearly always tend toward purples, blues, greens and pinks for them - so I think I might need to do this image again a few times and ban myself from those colors! (can you just see the subtle sparkle on the wings? --------->>>>)


I decided that as she is flying I would just "pop" her away from the background with a little shading and I wanted the added contrast of the white around all that color in the image so she really stood out on the card.

The circles were inspired from the K&Co paper that I have had for about five years. The butterfly is from the same stamp set and the greeting is from a Brenda Walton Inkadinkado set.

I did use a new tool on this card which is the Martha Stewart Circle Cutter - I like it because of the variety of circle sizes you can get with one tool and cutter. There is a bit of a learning curve with it however, what I did in the end to keep the paper from slipping was just tack it down to the cutting mat in a few places with temporary glue stick - worked like a charm!

Ingredients

  • Card size - 8.5in x 5.5in
  • Stamps - Inkadinkado
  • Ink - Palette
  • Cardstock - Georgia Pacific, K&Co, Bazzill
  • Color - Copics, Sakura clear stardust pen
  • Tools - Martha Stewart circle cutter

Copics Used

  • 0
  • Skin - E00, E02
  • Hair - E31, E33, E35, E37, E47
  • Dress, shoes, wings - V000, V04, V06, B00, B23, B24
  • Flower and dots on wings - RV02, RV04, RV06
  • Wand - Y00, Y02, Y06, Y08
  • Shadowing - C1, C3

2 comments:

Treacle said...

Wow this is totally fantastic. Love the colouring its superb

xXx

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!!! This stamp set is adorable and your coloring, again is terrific!!! Thanks for the inspiration. I just jumped onto the copic bandwagon, what a dangerous place to be, and am loving what you have done with them!!!