Saturday, April 25, 2009

Jumping or rather smashing Jukeboxes....

I made this card for a dear friend in England who enables the collecting of jukeboxes. I think at last count she told me they had three!!

When I think of jukeboxes, besides of her, I think of the 1950's so that was cue I took for my color scheme. I colored in my VivaLasVegastamps jukebox with copics in blues, reds and greys and and then put glossy accents on it and left it to dry. When I got back to it, it was bowed so I thought VOILA! I would put it through my cuttlebug to flatten it a bit...I really should have taken a before and after picture of that LOL, because the blob that came out the other end of the cuttlebug bore no resemblence to the lovely jukebox I had colored in. So I started again with my VivaLasVegastamps jukebox and colored it in with blues and reds and greys, though not too many greys as I wanted it to be cheerful, not depressing! then I clear embossed to get a shiny image staying well away from the mind bending experience of the glossy accents! LOL

I then thought whats a jukebox without some sparkle so I found out some of my holographic cardstock and cut it down and ran it through the cuttlebug with the Allegro folder (don't worry its even difficult to see in real life) and used my musical notes dies with black cardstock. I then used Nestabilities to cut out the apetures on the black and pink cardstock and ran the pink cardstock through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss dots embossing folder (twice to get the whole thing) and decide to run the paper through once on its own to knock back the dots so it looked more "retro". The frame and jukebox are 3D'd off the cardstock base.

On the inside I used a Martha Stewart punch to give a checkerboard effect to put the greeting on. and then did a white layer using the negative of the double note die and stencil through for a background for the sentiment.

Critical eye - I think I should have carried over the blue from the jukebox with the frame more and with a thin blue layer frame. I also think maybe I should have found a way to make those swiss dots black (I'm not great at brayering and wanted a very neat look) before I mashed them back down

Ingredients

  • Card size - 5.5 x 8.5
  • Cardstock - Bazzill, Hobby Lobby, Holographic unknown, Georgia Pacific
  • Ink - Palette
  • Color - Copics
  • Embossing folders - Allegro, Swiss dots

No comments: