Sunday, April 19, 2009

Subtle inspiration....

I belong to a very special group of ladies and this was a belated (read embarrassingly very belated) birthday card for one that LOVES frogs... so frogs were the theme... I think it is rather subtle, don't you? LOL

This is kinda how my thought process went with this card - hope you enjoy -

So I started with Frogs. Frogs are green and in my mind bumpy, now you toad enthusiasts don't get all technical on me! Oh I have just the stamps set from Clear Dollar Stamps and that sticker from Imaginisce I bought just for this card... but what safe place did I put them in?. Hmmmm.... now I need to decide on colour combos... oh the toadstool would be red... um no... her birthday is next to Christmas, no green and red together (remember I told you this was v.v.belated) - oh Pink that's nearly red but not so the toadstool will pass... and White will keep things crips and fresh... I want to use my threading water punch... oh and my swiss dots folder... oh, why don't I just have a secondary theme about the bumps I mean circles yes circles ;)

And yes when I'm in the "zone" that is pretty much what my internal conversations are like though I think I left out a squee or two.

As it was so late I thought it would be a bit "naff" to put a greeting on it.

On the mojo loss bit, I had never lost my mojo like that before. I really didn't want to look at anything creative at all and its a quite scary place to be. I don't want to go back to nomojoland anytime soon that is for certain.

Ingredients

  • Card size 8.5 in x 5.5 in
  • Cardstock - Bazzill, Georgia pacific, Michaels
  • Stamps - Clear Dollar Stamps
  • Ink - Palette
  • Color - Copics
  • Sticker - Imaginisce
  • Tools - Threading Water Punch, Nestabilities, Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder.

No comments: