Friday, April 24, 2009

Wooly thanks....

I have posted this card in my gallery on SCS from a quick scan. However I thought I would come to my blog and do it properly.

The image stamps are from
Clear Dollar Stamps and when I got the little sheep with my last order I just knew that these two sets had to be combined! Maybe it was living in England all those years and seeing sheep in the field with random markings. I don't know but I think it is one of those kinda funny things maybe its punny. I keep thinking, is this what they mean by "pre-dyed" wool?

The sheep stamp is a single (as you can just get a glimpse of inside the card) so I had to make about four masks of her to get this effect.

I do like the mottled effect of the sentiment though I know some people wouldn't. It reminds me a bit of the texture of knitting.

Critical eye - I think if I did this card again I would spell "wooly" as "woolly" - I looked it up and both are correct but the double "ll" is more correct. Also I would have the bottom of the feet of the sheep on the same level as the bottom of the basket. I would have put an insert in the card for the little grey sheep to be on - because as we know copic colors bleed through.

Copic lowdown - I know I don't have a list of Copic colors for this one as I actually made it before the fairy card. What I do remember is that the colors are pretty low numbers 00's, 10's and 20's for the most part, and the basket is mostly numbers in E 30's.

Ingredients
  • Cardsize - 4.25 x 5.5 in
  • Stamps - Clear Dollar Stamps, JustRiteStampers
  • Cardstock - DCWV premade base card, Georgia pacific, Hobby Lobby black c/s
  • Ink - Palette
  • Color - Copics
  • Tools - Nestabilities
  • Techniques - Stamping, Masking

No comments: